Enable to allow image replacement in WordPress, keep the name and related information intact.
Have you ever wanted to replace an old image on your WordPress website with a new image more suitable? This means you will have to edit the article / page containing the old image to remove it and insert a new image. And more importantly, you will have to rename the new image to be different from the old image, otherwise the change will not work, even if you upload and override it via cPanel / DirectAdmin's File Manager or FTP software.
Don't worry too much, because in WordPress, everything can be solved in a much simpler way with the help of the plugin. Soon, I will show you how to replace images easily and keep the same name and related information.
Replace the image in WordPress with Enable Media Replace
1. First, you need to install and activate a plugin called Enable Media Replace . This plugin was developed by ShortPixel - the best image compression support tool available for WordPress platform today.
2. Go to Media => Library , find the image you want to replace. Right next to it will appear the Replace media button , click on it.
3. Select the new image file from your computer in the Choose File section .
There will be 2 options to replace the image:
- Just replace the file : you must upload a new image with the name and format (PNG, JPG, GIF ...) identical to the old image.
- Replace the file, use new file name and update all links : you can upload new images with any name and format, the system will update itself and change the old information to new.
Click the Upload button to confirm.
4. After completing, delete the web browser cache, web cache and CDN cache (if any) and check the results. You can also disable and delete this plugin if you no longer need it.
It's simple, right? Good luck!
If you like this post, please subscribe to my blog to regularly update the best, latest posts via email. Thanks very much. :)