If you want to measure the distance between any two points or use it as a benchmark to compare the magnitude of each different length, we will use table of units of length. We have learned this knowledge since elementary school. In this article, Experience No will synthesize knowledge about length unit measurement table full; The fastest and easiest way to memorize! for students and parents to learn more.
Learn what is the table of units of length?
To better understand the concept of the table of units of length, we will go to understand what the unit is? and what is the length?
- Unit is a concept to refer to a quantity of measurement, widely used in the fields of mathematics, chemistry, physics and life. For example, if we have a bag of rice weighing 30 kg, then kg is the unit of measurement for the weight of the bag of rice.
- Length is a concept to specify the distance between two points on the same line. For example, the length of the altitude in a triangle is the distance between its top and bottom.
So, unit of length is a quantity used to measure the distance between two points; used as a benchmark to compare the magnitude for all different lengths.
For example, the distance from home to work is 5 km long, ie 5 is the length and km is the unit used to measure.
>> See more: Vietnamese alphabet
Knowledge of the table of length units in elementary math
The table of units of length is an important knowledge in the elementary math curriculum. Below are statistics of the knowledge of the primary school unit measurement table for parents; Students can easily look up:
- Unit table for measuring length in grade 2 math: Get acquainted, know how to convert length units of decimeters (dm) and centimeters (cm)
- Table of units of measuring maths for grade 3: Learn the full length unit table of 7 units: km, hm, dam, m, dm, cm, mm. Know how to convert, the relationship between units.
- Table of units of length math for grade 4: Learn the unit table for measuring area including 2 units: km2 (square kilometers) and m2 (square meters)
- Table of unit length math grade 5: Area length unit table will be added 5 more units: hm2, dam2, dm2, cm2, mm2. Synthesize the units of measurement tables and practice how to convert forward and reverse all types of measurement units.
In this article, Digital Experience focuses on knowledge of table of units of length fully and highly applicable in grade 3 math.
Table of units of length are set up according to the rule from big to small, and from left to right. To make it easier to remember, people often take the unit of length measurement m (meter) as the center to convert to the remaining units or vice versa. As follows:
Arrange the length units from largest to smallest as follows:
- The largest unit of length is kilometers (kilometres).
- The unit immediately after km (km) is hm (hectometer).
- The unit immediately after hm (hectometer) is dam (decimal).
- The unit immediately after dam (decimal) is m (meter).
- The unit following m (meter) is dm (decimeter).
- The unit immediately after dm (decimeter) is cm (centimeter).
- The unit following the cm (centimeter) is mm (millimeter).
The relationship between the units of length measurement, the easiest way to convert
Converting units of measurement is a basic math skill, but this is also the part that you are most likely to make mistakes. Even, many of you change the wrong quantity, write the wrong units of measurement with each other. Here are some notes to remember table of units of length fastest and most accurate.
- Each unit in the front will be 10 times the unit in the back
For example: 1m = 10dm, 2dm = 20cm.
- Each unit behind is 1/10th of the unit in front.
For example: 1dm = 1/10 m.
- When converting the unit of length measurement, the divisor, the factor is not the measure.
For example: Converting 5m to cm, we change as follows:
5= 5×100=500cm. Where 100 is a factor, with no units behind.
In simpler understanding, that is, when we change the unit from a larger unit to the adjacent smaller unit, multiply that number by 10. Conversely, when we change from a small unit to the adjacent larger unit, it will be divided by 10. .
We have the following descending order of units: km > hm > dam > m > dm > cm > mm.
Table of units of length is the mathematical knowledge that students need to master to apply flexibly in unit conversion exercises as well as other science subjects. Hopefully, the article is a useful reference for students as well as parents to guide their children to do better homework.
See more: Interesting secrets about the unrevealed chemical periodic table