Once you’ve been using your iPhone or iPad for a while, you may have noticed that your home screen starts to get cluttered with a lot of downloaded apps. By now, you may have wished you could remove a few apps from your home screen but still be able to access them whenever you want.
In this article, IT Tips will detail different ways to hide apps on iPhone/iPad, they are very easy to do and only take a few minutes to follow. Start.
How to hide apps on iPhone with App Library
When Apple launched iOS 14, they introduced App Library. This new feature allows you to have one place to keep all your apps hidden from the home screen, but always accessible.
You can search for the app you need in this library or use the iPhone’s search feature. Here’s how to add apps to the App Library.
1. Find the app you want to hide, then long press on it.
2. When you see the menu appear, tap the option Edit Home Screen.
3. All apps and widgets on the home screen will vibrate and a minus icon will appear in the left corner. Tap the minus icon on the app you want to hide.
4. In the pop-up window, tap Remove from Home Screen. The application will immediately be redirected to App Library.
If you want to access the hidden application. You can do it in two ways below:
1. Swipe down from the center of the Home screen or Lock screen. Tap the search field, then enter the name of the app you want to use.
2. At the main screen, swipe to the last page on the right, swipe right one more time, here you will see App Library. In the top search bar, you can search and see hidden apps.
If you don’t want to completely remove an app from your home screen, there’s another way you can keep your apps organized and hidden from view in an instant.
See more iPhone tutorial articles:
Use the apps folder to hide apps on iPhone
iPhone also allows you to organize and group applications together into application folders. These folders still appear right on the home screen, but they can significantly reduce the number of visible applications.
Using application folders eliminates the need to completely hide apps, and the home screen looks cleaner. Here’s how to create and use the application directory:
1. Find 2 apps you want to hide. Tap and hold either of the apps, then tap Edit Home Screen in the pop-up menu.
2. Hold down on one of the two apps you want to hide and drag it over the other app. This will create an application folder.
3. Touch the created folder while still in home screen editing mode to change the folder’s name and the order of the apps inside. You can drag an app back out of the home screen, and there should always be at least one app in a folder.
4. Once you’ve organized your folders, go back to the home screen and tap the . button Done in the top right corner of the screen.
5. To name the folder, tap the default name and enter a custom name in the name field.
This method obviously doesn’t completely hide apps on iPhone/iPad, but it does give you quick and easy access to apps while keeping the home screen neat and tidy. .
Hide apps from suggestions/search on iPhone/iPad
Even if you hide an app in the App Library or hide it deep in a Folder, if someone is determined to dig in, your hidden apps can be quickly found using Suggestions or Find search on iPhone/iPad. That’s why you should learn how to install to hide apps from these 2 features.
Here’s how to hide apps from suggestions/search:
1. Open the app Settings of the iPhone.
2. Scroll down to the list of apps on your phone and tap the app you want to hide from search.
3. Click Siri & Search.
4. Below section On Home Screens, turn off the options you don’t want for the app. Eg: if you don’t want the app to show up in search, turn it off Show App in Search.
5. You can also prevent apps from showing up in your lock screen suggestions by going to On Lock Screen and turn off the slider Show Suggestions from App.
If you ever want to search the app again, you can go back to the settings and re-enable it whenever you want.
How to hide default installed apps
While it’s not possible to delete the apps that are installed by default on your iPhone, you can still hide them if you want. It’s just a little bit different from the steps to hide an app you installed from the App Store.
1. Find the default app you want to hide, long press it.
2. In the menu that appears, tap Remove App.
3. Click Remove from Home Screen.
There are many easy ways to help you hide apps on your iPhone/iPad so your phone’s home screen looks cleaner. And if you have any questions or suggestions about the content mentioned in the article, please share your opinion using the comment box below.