Online savings is a new accumulation deposit method chosen by many people in the current digital banking era. But many customers have met Risks when sending savings online due to not knowing the safety and security things. To avoid problems, we will explore the problems and solutions when sending savings.
What is online savings?
Online savings is a completely new way to save money for customers who have registered for Mobile Banking service. With high safety and currently very popular. When you have some spare money, you can deposit your savings in the book at any time. During a deposit period, the customer will receive the interest paid by the customer.
Depending on each deposit according to milestones 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 24 months, etc., the interest rate will be different. Through Internet Banking service, we will open the book whenever we want right at home on our own phone or device with Internet connection without going to the bank. All operations of depositing and finalizing passbooks are performed on digital banking services. Therefore, it will bring many benefits to customers.
Compare online savings and passbook
To learn more about online savings and traditional savings books. Here we will go to find out the similarities and differences of these two ways of sending money.
The same point:
- It is a form of deposit provided by the bank that brings profit to customers when participating.
- The method of calculating interest is the same.
- Flexible deposit term can be by week, month, quarter, year or demand deposit.
- Customers who are Vietnamese citizens or foreigners living in Vietnam with the age of 18 or older can send.
|Interest rate||Online savings will have a higher interest rate than regular savings from 0.1 to 0.3%/year.||The interest rate depends on the term, bank, deposit package and is adjusted from time to time from the bank.|
Risks when sending savings online?
There are many outstanding advantages, it has been proven. However, customers can still meet Risks when sending savings online. Because while using it, it is inevitable that the problem will be inevitable. The reasons leading to unsafe online savings are.
- Currently, the situation of bank employees with poor professional ethics occurs frequently. And that caused a lot of trouble in the deposit process. In particular, there was a case where a customer lost money in a savings book without knowing the volunteer. Therefore, when we make an online savings deposit, there is a loss or not, will the bank be responsible and solve it for customers? This is an unanswered question.
- Stolen account information when sending online savings also happens often. Because of the bank's security level or accidentally revealing account information by customers. Certainly, the passbook will be at risk of being stolen at any time.
- Also when logging in your Banking account on different devices. But do not get out, now crooks can take advantage of that and steal all the money sent out at any time.
Tips to avoid risks when sending your documents online
To avoid risk when depositing online and have the best safe deposit package. There are a few things you should pay attention to during the deposit process.
- Do not ask a second person except yourself to perform transactions on a savings account.
- Always remember to log out of your account every time you log in on a strange device.
- Change Mobile Banking password regularly with every 3 months to ensure absolute security.
- Regularly access and look up balance information, interest fluctuations, and arising principal.
- When encountering problems, it is necessary to contact the bank immediately to solve it.
Saving money online lost money, why?
There are many customers who are saving money online but lost money for unknown reasons. The following causes this.
Leave account information
If your login account information is revealed, this is the main cause of losing money. Fraudsters will have the opportunity to steal money from your account. If you discover that someone has logged in strangely, you should change your password immediately and then contact your bank.
Clicking on fraudulent links
Currently, the situation of fraud and appropriation of property is very sophisticated and complicated. When visiting a website or a text message sent to the phone will have a strange link. These are links containing viruses intended to deceive customers. When you click on that link, you will be asked to log into your Mobile Banking account. And when you fill in the information, the money in the account will be stolen.
So absolutely do not click and log into your account on any strange link that is not the bank you are using.
Is online savings safe?
Is online savings safe, a question many people ask today. We have should deposit online or not? If you are still wondering about this issue, read the following reasons.
- Online savings are products provided by banks. When customers register to open a passbook, the features will work automatically. Bank staff will not be able to interfere.
- Fast and safe depositing steps without having to go through waiting steps.
- There are many layers of security authentication so the level of security is very high.
- Deposit or withdrawal orders are stored on the bank's system. These data are permanently stored, so even if there is a problem in the saving process, they can still be restored.
- Online savings accounts will have a higher interest rate than regular deposits.
=> Online savings deposit is a much safer form of deposit than normal deposit method. So we can safely send money to make a profit.
Should you deposit online or open a book at the counter?
According to my knowledge, online savings deposit method brings many more benefits. And through the above content, you can also see the benefits and safety that this form brings. Here are 3 reasons you should join.
Save time and effort
Certainly when sending savings online you do not need to go to the bank to do complicated procedures. Just sit at home and choose a deposit term and then open the book for free. The information of the passbook will be displayed in full and in detail.
Easy to manage and track
It is an online deposit form, so when you want to know information about interest, principal, and term, just open Internet Banking and Mobile Banking and see. Compared to the traditional savings deposit method, you have to bring your identity papers and books to the bank to check.
Security features with dense layers of protection
All transactions arising from a savings account will be recorded and saved. So you can easily look up and check whenever you want.
With a layer of extremely high security technology along with transaction operations stored on the e-banking system. Customers will no longer need to worry about losing money when saving online.
Instructions on how to send savings online simply
Step 1: First you need to go to the bank to register for Internet Banking service.
Step 2: Log in with your digital bank account to the service your bank provides.
Step 3: In the main interface, click to select online savings or online savings.
Step 4: Choose the amount, term, form of receiving interest, etc.
Step 5: Confirm the request to open the book, within 5 minutes the online savings account will be opened.
Above, Thongtinbank.com went with you to find out the Risks when sending savings online and preventive measures. This is a package that brings many benefits, if possible you should join. If you have any other questions, please leave them in the comments section below.