In today's modern life, it seems that every person, every individual owns at least one ATM card. The need to use cash cards instead of cash has become more prevalent than ever. However, for those who are new to using this service or have not taken full advantage of the benefits of this service, they all have questions about this service How to top up your ATM card?. So, in the following article, we will help you answer this problem.
What is an ATM card?
ATM card is a card according to ISO 7810 standard issued to customers by banks when opening an account. ATM cards are used to perform automatic transactions such as checking accounts, withdrawing or transferring money to accounts, paying bills, buying phone cards, etc. from automatic teller machines - ATMs.
Advantages of Using ATM Card
Owning an ATM card helps customers receive attractive benefits such as:
- Better financial management: Paying salaries through personal ATM card accounts of agencies, businesses and organizations can save maximum costs and time and minimize risks that often occur when using cash.
- Faster Withdrawals: You can easily find ATMs at any transaction point and street corner.
- Limit cash risk: With an ATM card, you don't need to carry too much cash with you, reducing the risk of theft.
- Faster transactions: Currently, most banks have e-banking services that allow customers to conduct cash transactions themselves through smartphones, laptops, and internet-connected devices. Thanks to an ATM card, transferring money to another account, transferring money to your own account, paying your bills becomes a lot more flexible.
The Fastest Way To Top Up ATM Cards
Currently, there are many ways to deposit money into an ATM card. Depending on the amount, circumstances and goals of the client to choose the most effective and suitable method. Here are some of the most commonly applied methods at banks:
Top Up Cash Into ATM Cards At Transaction Offices
This method of depositing money into a bank account is the most commonly used. All you need to do is take the money to the PGD and make a deposit request and personal ATM. In just a few minutes, all deposits will be completed.
When going to the bank, customers will declare information about the payer, ID card number, address, account name, account number... on the declaration form. Then sign the confirmation.
After completing this step, you give the declared slip to the staff and receive a copy of the paid receipt. Within 24 hours the money will be in the account/to the recipient's address.
Deposit at branches in other provinces/cities: Fees are usually from 0.01 to 0.06% of the deposit. Ranging from 20,000 VND - 2,000,000 VND.
Depositing foreign currency into the account: the fee depends on the regulations of each bank.
Note: customers need to look up banking hours when it comes to the transaction.
Top Up Through Internet Banking
The way to top up the second ATM card is faster and more convenient when you just need to register to use the service Internet Banking of the bank. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Access the website of the bank you registered on your phone. Then on the menu bar select the electronic deposit item.
- Step 2: Next fill in the information about your account number, information, full name and some other information.
- Step 3: Then double check the transaction information, enter the verification code to make sure you are not a robot. Then select confirm.
- Step 4: Enter the OTP code sent by the system to the phone number registered for the Internet Banking account that your bank is using.
- Step 5: After entering the OTP code, select confirm that you have successfully recharged.
Top Up ATM Card Via Mobile Banking
To use Mobile to top up the card, you just need to follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to your bank's website on your phone, select Pay on the bar Menu and choose Electronic recharge.
- Step 2: Then fill in all information such as: Your account number and information about your name and other information depending on the display of each bank.
- Step 3: Check the transaction information as shown below, enter Test code to make sure you're not the machine. Choose Confirm.
- Step 4: Next, you enter the code OTP be sent by the system to the phone number registered for the Internet Banking account that your bank is using.
- Step 5: After entering the OTP code sent to the phone number as shown in the picture, select Confirm to finish the deposit process.
Top Up at Livebank ATM
Currently, many banks have installed the Livebank ATM system that allows customers to deposit money into any bank's ATM card with extremely simple operation and faster money transfer.
Step 1: At the main ATM screen, select "Deposit". There will be 1 of 3 methods as follows:
- Bank card: Insert the card into the slot, then personal information will appear. Click confirm to continue.
- ID/Passport: Bring this identification to the receiving area. In the first phase, the staff that appears on the screen will guide you on how to top up your account.
- Fingerprint: Then you choose fingerprint to continue entering your ID card / passport / phone number, then press confirm. Next, enter your fingerprint into the fingerprint sensor area.
Step 2: There are 2 options: If you pay to the account of the ATM's own banking system, select "My Account". If you want to deposit money into your account but in another bank, select the "select account" option.
Step 3: Now the receiving tray will open, you put money in it. Note that the money must be neatly arranged, remove foreign objects such as rubber bands for the machine to count accurately.
Step 4: Select “count money”. When you have the correct amount of money deposited and the correct face value, you select "confirm".
The machine will need some time to run, then display a success message. At the same time, SMS about balance fluctuations will also be sent shortly. You can check your account again, when it is correct, you can rest assured.
Top Up At Regular ATMs
List of ATMs with recharge function: ATMs of Vietcombank, Agribank, VPBank, Techcombank, Vietinbank, TPBank, SHB, MB,...
How to top up the card via a regular ATM:
- Step 1: Insert the card into the ATM slot and enter the password to log in.
- Step 2: Select the function to deposit money into your account
- Step 3: Then put the money in the money slot under the screen of the ATM machine horizontally. The screen will show the amount, you check again and press the confirm button
- Step 4: Finally get the card back and can choose to print the receipt or not.
Top Up Cash Into ATM Cards With Payment Authorization
With this method you do not need to bring cash directly to the bank. Based on the payment authorization letter, the bank will base it on to transfer the correct amount to the specified ATM card number.
However, if you do this, you must make sure that the account number and account holder of your ATM card are correct, to avoid the case of "wrong boil"!
Fee Schedule for Cashing Up ATM Cards at Banks
Here are some banks' ATM recharge fees for your reference:
|Bank ATM card||In the system (VND/transaction)||Other bank (% amount)|
|Agribank||1,100 – 3,300||0.05%|
|BIDV||1,000 – 3,000 won||0.02%|
|Sacombank||Free||0.01 – 0.05%|
|Vietcombank||2,000 – 5,000 won||0.03%|
Here are some questions from customers around how to top up ATM cards, let's find out the answers.
What Are Some Errors When Top Up ATM Cards?
I've transferred money to my account but haven't received it yet. This is the most common error because it is caused by mistakenly transferring someone else's card account. It is also possible that the ATM card is faulty when making a deposit.
The second error is that the amount received in the card is different from the amount loaded at the ATM. This case will appear when making a direct deposit at an ATM. Because the bills are uneven and crumpled, the machine cannot receive them.
Therefore, if you encounter these errors, please contact the bank where you transferred the money to complain as soon as possible. Documents such as transaction receipts need to be kept as a basis.
How long does it take to have Money in ATM Card?
If you deposit money into your account by going directly to a bank transaction office or an ATM, it only takes 5-10 minutes for the money to be in your card. In addition, when transferring with the same bank system, it only takes a few minutes for the money to be on the card. If transferring money to another bank, the time to receive money will be longer, it may take from 30 minutes to several hours.
Is it OK to Top Up ATM Cards Other Banks?
Of course it's okay. However, when depositing money into another bank account, it will cost you more and it will take longer for the money to enter the ATM. Therefore, to save money, you go to the bank to issue a card to transfer money.
Does Money In ATM Card Generate Interest?
Money in the ATM card will also enjoy the interest rate without term. However, this interest rate is very low, averaging from 0.2 to 0.3%/year. On the other hand, you will also withdraw money to use at any time, so this interest rate is based on each time and difficult to predict.
Here are the How to top up your ATM card? The latest version is for new users or those who do not fully understand the features of ATM cards. Hope the above information will make you satisfied.
Articles compiled by lamchutaichinh.vn