Currently, almost everyone registers and uses a bank ATM card with the benefit of bringing more convenience to work, as well as being able to shop and pay online. So How old do you have to be to get a bank card?Where can I register to open an ATM card? Together Banktop Find out through the article below.
General information about bank cards
ATM card is a card issued at banks according to ISO 7810 standard. When used, customers can perform operations such as withdrawing - transferring money, paying bills online, etc. quickly and conveniently. most convenient. There are 3 main types of ATM cards at banks:
- Prepaid card: This is a card that does not need to open an account at a bank, customers can load money into the card and spend within the amount of money they have. Therefore, prepaid cards can also be used to give gifts to friends and relatives.
- Debit card: When opening a payment account, an ATM card will be connected to a debit card account, when using it, customers are only allowed to spend with a fixed limit in the card.
- Credit card: A type of card that customers can spend first - pay later according to a certain limit. Customers will be exempted from interest for the first 45 days of use, after 45 days, customers must pay the full amount spent at the bank.
How old do you have to be to get a bank card?
How old do you have to be to get a domestic bank card?
To apply for a domestic bank card, customers must meet the following conditions:
- Age 15 years or older.
- Have full capacity for civil acts.
- Foreigners must have a certificate of temporary absence, residing in Vietnam for at least 1 year.
How old do you have to be to get a credit card?
In order to apply for a credit card at a bank, a customer must meet the following conditions:
- Aged 18 years or older
- Have full ID card/CCCD or Passport.
Can I get a bank card if I'm under 18 years old?
Although under 18 years old, when customers are 16-17 years old, they can still make ATM cards at banks when they have full personal documents such as ID card/CCCD. If you want to apply for a credit card, you must be at least 18 years old.
Where can I register to open an ATM card?
Register to open an ATM card, you can go directly to the bank's branches and transaction offices to make a request to open a card. In addition, some banks also support customers to register for an online bank account directly on the bank's website or application.
The most detailed guide to opening a bank card
Procedure for making a bank card
To apply for an ATM card at a bank, you need to prepare the following documents:
- Application form to open a bank card (will be provided by the bank when you come to register).
- Personal papers such as ID/CCCD or Passport.
If the customer opens a credit card, they will need to add other documents such as: Salary sheet to prove income, labor contract / position at the company's unit, etc., together with other documents if required by the bank. .
The most detailed bank card opening process
Once you have prepared all the documents to register for an ATM card, you can refer to the card opening process below before going directly to the bank applying for the card:
- Step 1: Visit the nearest bank branch/transaction office to register for a bank account card.
- Step 2: The bank staff will provide you with a paper form for you to register to open a card. Please fill in your personal information correctly and completely before submitting it to the bank.
- Step 3: The bank staff will check and tell you the specific time you can come to get your ATM card.
- Step 3: After reviewing the registration file successfully. The bank will schedule a time for you to pick up the card.
In case you don't have much time to go directly to the bank's transaction office to open the card. You can register to open an ATM bank card online through current banking apps such as MBBank, TPBank.
How to make ATM card for people under 18 years old
The process of making an ATM card for people under 18 years old is similar to the way to apply for a card above if the subject is 16 years old and has valid ID/CCCD documents.
You can refer to one of the major banks that currently support the registration of opening ATM cards for people under 18 years old with simple and quick procedures such as: Sacombank, Vietcombank, Vietinbank, VPbank, ACB, etc. TPbank, VIB, etc…
Some frequently asked questions when opening a bank card
Can I make a bank card online?
Like Banktop As mentioned above, you can completely make a bank card online through the applications supported by the bank to register today.
Is there a fee to make a bank card?
Opening a bank card will cost you a fee of 50,000 - 100,000 VND depending on each bank, and there are banks that do not charge for registration. In addition, when using an ATM bank card, you will have to pay other fees such as card maintenance fee, withdrawal fee, transfer fee, etc.
How long does it take to receive a bank card?
The time you can receive the card when completing the registration lasts from 7 to 15 days depending on each bank. About the specific time you can come to get your ATM card, the bank will provide an appointment form for customers to follow and pick up.
If you want to get a card right after you register, there are now a number of banks that meet the needs of customers. However, you will have to pay an additional fee as prescribed if you want to get the card immediately.
Some banks support customers to open ATM cards to get instant like: Vietcombank, ACB, VietinBank, VPBank. If you want to open a card immediately, you can refer to the above banks when registering for an ATM card.
Thus, through the article of Banktop you probably know How old do you have to be to get a bank card? and how is the process of making an ATM card for the first time. Hope this will be useful information that you are looking for when you want to open a personal ATM card for yourself.
The article was edited by: Banktop.vn