Please share an experience of a product or service that makes you feel good! This information will help a lot of “later” people.
WRITE NOW, EASY NEK!
MarsURL.com: Get image URL in 3 seconds, size up to 20MB and last for 3 DAYS.
DOWNLOAD PHOTO NOW
MarsReels: Download Instagram Photo/Video/Reels/Stories/IGTV in 3 SECONDS.
MarsPaste.com: The fastest solution to share documents/code online.
When you just reinstall your Windows 10 computer, the first thing you care about is downloading the best Vietnamese typing software and installing it on your computer. Unikey is the first choice that people often use. With Unikey, you can type Vietnamese, type shortcuts, convert encodings, etc. easily and a great thing is that Unikey is provided completely free of charge.
In this article, we will guide you in detail how to install and use the latest Unikey software on your computer. Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and even Windows 10.
Unikey across versions
- June 20, 2001: Released UniKey 3.1 with open source code under the conditions of The GNU General Public License.
- July 23, 2005: Update x-unikey: Version x-unikey 1.0.1, fix some bugs of 1.0.Unpublish source code of UniKey 3.62
- January 17, 2006: Announcement of UniKey 4.0 Beta 2 update. This version has many bug fixes and improvements to spell check, restore the original word.
- August 28, 2009: Announced UniKey 4.0 Release Candidate 2, with significant improvements.
- April 21, 2014: UniKey 4.2 Release Candidate 3, Build 140421: Fix missing MSVCR120.DLL library when running on Windows 8.
- April 24, 2014: Unikey 4.2 RC3 Release was officially released with many new features and fixed some common errors in the old version.
About the author Unikey: Pham Kim Long
Unikey software author
Pham Kim Long is an alumnus of Hanoi University of Science and Technology, Class Tin A – K36 (1991-1996). He graduated with honors with the topic “Management of environmental information systems with Oracle tools”. After graduating, he continued to work as a PhD student at Technical University of Prague, Czech Republic since 1997.
UniKey Vietnamese percussion (originally named TVNBK) was made by Pham Kim Long in 1994. This first version was written in Assembly language for DOS when he was a student.
Then, in early 1998, the author continued to write a version for Windows called LittleVnKey, but only for private use and for some friends. This version also does not yet support Unicode. On April 24, 2014: He officially released the latest version of Unikey: UniKey 4.2 Release Candidate 3, Build 140424.
Download Unikey latest version
You can download and install Unikey latest version via the button above. Shared Unikey software is taken from the origin of Author Pham Kim Long.
After clicking on the Download link, you will be redirected to Unikey homepage. To download, you just need to choose one of the two Unikey 4.2 RC3, 32bit or 64bit links depending on your Windows version.
If you do not know if your Windows is 32bit or 64bit, you can refer to the article on how to distinguish 32bit and 64bit Windows that I have shared recently.
After downloading, you proceed to extract the zip file.
Once there, you will get a folder. You proceed to rename and move this folder to the following path: C:Program Files.
At this point, you just need to run the Unikey icon in the folder Unikey for the software to work. Display Unikey 4.2 RC3
Uninstall the old version of Unikey RC
If you have installed and are using Unikey older than Unikey 4.2 RC2, you will receive the following error message when running Unikey 4.2 RC3: A previous instance of Unikey is already running. This instance will now stop.
Then you need to remove the old Unikey by following these steps:
Step 1: Open the active Unikey at the bottom of the Taskbar >> Open the Unikey software. Then you uncheck Enable this dialog on startup and Start with Windows.
Step 2: You’ll choose End Unikey software old version in Taskbar. And proceed open Unikey 4.2 RC3 as instructed above.
At this point, you can probably successfully install Unikey 4.2 RC3 on your Windows computer. Very simple!
New features of Unikey
- The DLL library file and the EXE file have been merged into one file UniKeyNT.exe. Therefore, you only see 2 files when decompressing Unikey 4.2 RC3
- Fix the error that the keyboard shortcut to switch typing mode is unstable, wrong uppercase – lowercase of Modern applications.
- Show notification when you switch between typing English and Vietnamese
Unikey installation required
UniKey can be installed on most Windows operating systems (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows NT/2000/XP) and Linux operating systems (Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSUSE distributions…) .
Instructions for typing Vietnamese in VNI and Telex style
If you are new to computers or you want to learn a new typing method TELEX or VNI. You can see the reference article on Vietnamese typing VNI and TELEX.
This is quite complete information about Unikey software that we have collected on the Internet. Hope this article will help you successfully install this Vietnamese percussion and don’t forget to leave your comments on this article in the section below!