In part 1, we learned 11 tricks in the series Word basics. Following this topic, Mat Bao will guide you through the remaining 11 tricks that only word masters know! These detailed tips will make office life easier and more convenient, and also contribute to improving the performance and efficiency of you and your team.
12. Edit PDF files like word
There are 3 ways to edit PDF files like word, namely:
Method 1: Save the word file as a PDF file
- Step 1: Select the file in the editing window, then select Save As. Then, select Browse to set the format.
- Step 2: Set the format for the pdf file in the Save as window. Next, perform the following steps: Fill name, Standard, Minimum size and Open file after publishing.
Method 2: Convert online
- Step 1: Select the PDF file format. You can choose PDF to Word Online (Convert PDF files to Word files) or Word to PDF Online (Convert Word files to PDF files).
In this case, select “Word to PDF Online then choose Upload a file to Convert…” to select the Word file to convert.
- Step 2: Select View PDF File to preview the text and click Download. Once the download is complete, select the “Upload more document” command to add other Word documents.
Note: The size of the converted documents should not exceed 5MB
Method 3: Use support software
Advanced Word to PDF converter is highly rated and completely free software. You can learn more about how to use this software in the following article!
Header and Footer help you to create notes easily in word. This is one of the Word basicsspecifically how to do the following:
- Step 1: Hover on the toolbar and select Insert Tab > Header. Then, click on the template you like.
- Step 2: When the Header is inserted, enter the content you want to use.
- Step 3: After typing, if you want to edit the Header, click on the Header you want to edit in the text and proceed to edit.
- Step 1: On the toolbar, click Insert Tab > Footer. Then choose any template you like.
- Step 2: When the Footer has appeared on the text file, you just need to click on it and type the content.
- Step 3: If you are not satisfied with your Footer, then perform the editing operation by clicking on the position you want to edit and proceed to edit.
14. Anti-Copy and Edit on Word files
Step 1: Open the word file that you want to set anti-copy and edit properties on. Then go to Review > Restrict Formatting and Editing
Step 2: The Restrict Formatting and Editing dialog box appears. Tick select the button “Allow only this type of editing in the document” as operation (1)> select the deviation “Filling in form in select box” (2)> Confirm “Yes, Start Enforcing Protection” (3).
Step 3: Enter the password in 2 textboxes → OK.
15. Install more fonts
To enrich the font, in addition to the default and familiar fonts often used, you can install more artistic fonts.
- Step 1: Select Insert > Text > WordArt. Then, choose the font format.
- Step 2: Set the format and text effects. Next, type the content you want to create in the "Your text here" box.
- Step 3: In the Format window, choose a circular or 3-dimensional text effect. Choose WordArt Styles > Text Effects. Finally, customize the margin for WordArt.
16. Create navigation bookmarks
Bookmark is a utility that helps you quickly search for any paragraph in a text file. Specifically, the steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Highlight the line of text that you want to place the link and hover your mouse on the toolbar, select the Insert Tab > click the Bookmark command.
- Step 2: Enter the name of the bookmark in the bookmark name field. After entering, press the Add button to save the newly created Bookmark. And continue to create new Bookmarks for your documents if you want.
Note: Bookmark name cannot contain spaces, special characters and cannot start with a number.
- Step 3: To review the newly marked lines of text, select the bookmark name you need to find and click Go to. Or you can use the key combination Ctrl + G > Find and Replace > Go to what > Bookmark > Type the bookmark name into Enter bookmark name > Go to.
17. Recover the content when the unsaved file is closed
The feature to retrieve file content when it has not been saved has been closed Word basics that you should know to avoid accidentally losing or not saving the file in time. With just simple steps:
- Step 1: Select File > Info > Manage Versions.
- Step 2: Click on the down arrow icon and select Recover Unsaved Documents.
- Step 3: Click on the File you want to open in the Open window and click Save As to save the document.
- Step 4: Name File > Save. Thus, your document has been saved and can continue.
18. Set default font
There are 3 simple steps to install the default font:
- Step 1: Select Home > Font in the editing window or use Ctrl + D to open the font format window.
- Step 2: In the Font format window, select Font > Font Style > Size > Font color > Underline style > Underline color > Effect...
- Step 3: After setting the properties, select Set As Default and select All new documents based on the Normal template to set the default.
If you only want to change the text you are editing, click This document only and select OK to finish the installation process.
19. Create your own keyboard shortcuts
Create more shortcuts to help you save time and be more convenient in the process of typing. The detailed steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Go to File > Select Options > Proofing > Auto Correct Options…
- Step 2: In the Auto Correct English window, select Auto Correct
- In the With field, write the word or phrase to replace. Example: computer
- In the Replace section we write the word to replace. Example: mt
- Step 3: After finishing writing, click Add to add the data table and click OK to finish the installation process.
20. Insert online video into word
Insert online video is a new feature that allows users to embed online videos in documents, making documents richer and more attractive. Steps to insert online videos in Word 2013:
- Step 1: On the Ribbon toolbar, select the Insert tab and navigate to the Media command group, select the Online video item.
- Step 2: Type and search for the video you want to insert into the text. Online video sources that you can insert are Youtube, a website, etc.
- Step 4: When the videos are opened, click on the video you want to find and select Insert. Then resize the video to fit the text.
21. Setting the wallpaper in the word interface
There are 4 steps to install the wallpaper in the word interface:
- Step 1: In the editing window, select Design > Page Color in the Page Background section.
- Step 2: Choose the background color for the text according to the available template.
- Step 3: If you want to insert a background image for the text, click Fill Effects… to select an image. Then, choose Picture > Sellect Picture.
- Step 4: In the Insert Picture window, select Browse. After the installation is complete, click OK to finish.
22. Removing red brick effectively corrects errors
Red brick is the default feature of MS Word to check English spelling. Because there is no support function for Vietnamese, turning off this check feature is also Word basics necessary.
- Step 1: Select Options > Word Options > Select Proofing.
- Step 2: Tick the box Hide spelling errors in this document only to remove the red underline.
- Step 3: Click OK and finish the installation process.
If you want the following documents not to repeat this problem, at Exceptions for > select All new documents and then tick the boxes as above and select OK to finish.
With 12 tips out of a total of 22 word "secrets", hopefully you can absorb and apply them fluently. Hopefully the series of these Word basics that Mat Bao provides will help you improve your work efficiency.
In addition, Mat Bao also updates tips and knowledge about information technology in the next articles, don't miss it!
Articles and photos compiled by Mat Bao.
If you need more advice on domain name services - HOSTING - BUSINESS EMAIL - do not hesitate to contact us by information:
SOUTHERN CONSULTING: 028 3622 9999
NORTH CONSULTING: 024 35 123456
Or contact us by the link: https://www.matbao.net/lien-he.html