BIDV is one of the top banks in Vietnam today. Many people use BIDV's services but don't know it yet What bank is BIDV? What products and services are available? For detailed information about BIDV, please refer to the article below.
BIDV Bank Summary Information Sheet
|Full name in Vietnamese||Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam|
|Transaction name in English||Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam JSC|
|Where to register for management||Hanoi Tax Department|
|Headquarters||BIDV Tower, No. 35 Hang Voi - Ly Thai To Ward - Hoan Kiem District - Hanoi|
|Authorized capital||VND 40,220 billion (2019)|
|Legal representative||Phan Duc Tu (Bank director)|
|Swift code BIDV||BIDVVNVX|
|Hotline BIDV||0422205544, 02422200588, 19009247|
What is BIDV?
BIDV's full name is Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam. The English name is Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam. BIDV is a joint stock commercial bank with over 50% state capital. As of March 2020, BIDV is one of the largest state-owned commercial banks in Vietnam with a total asset value of more than 1.4 million billion VND.
BIDV Bank was established on April 26, 1957 with the name of Vietnam Construction Bank under the Ministry of Finance. After three name changes, on May 1, 2012, BIDV changed its name to the Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam.
Currently, BIDV has 190 branches, 871 transaction offices, 57825 ATMs/POS machines, network coverage in 63 provinces/cities. There are 5 representative offices in Cambodia, Laos, Czech Republic, Taipei, Russia and 1 branch in Yangon (Myanmar). The total number of employees working at BIDV's banking system is more than 25,000 people.
Is BIDV bank a state-owned or private bank?
We can determine that BIDV is one of the four state-owned banks and also one of the Vietnam's largest bank.
With more than 50% equity, the State becomes a shareholder in the Board of Directors with the right to manage and control BIDV.
History of establishment and development of BIDV
Before and even now, BIDV Bank has not stopped making more efforts in financial services, you can refer to the historical milestones of BIDV's formation below:
- Since April 25, 1957: this is the most important milestone of the bank when it was established with the first name of Vietnam Kien Thiet Bank and under the management of the Ministry of Finance.
- But from 1981 to 1989: from Kien Thiet Bank Vietnam changed its name to Vietnam Construction and Investment Bank.
- From 1990 to 27/04/2012: the bank once again changed its name to Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam.
- After April 27, 2012: the official bank with the name Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (for short, BIDV). During this period (early May 2012) the bank implemented reform measures, especially equitization and transformation into a Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam.
- By 2014: the bank was successful in listing shares on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange. And in the years that followed, the bank asserted its financial position more and more with the best financial services.
Meaning of BIDV Bank LOGO
LOGO: BIDV uses the first 4 characters of the English name to create its logo, bringing a minimalistic yet full meaning of the bank's name. The uppercase font on the logo also shows the solidity of the brand
Color LOGO: combination of three colors blue, red and white
- Green Blue: the color of hope and growth, firmly moving towards the future
- Red: expressing passion and enthusiasm, is also the main color of the national flag of Vietnam
- White: demonstrating transparency and integrity are important factors of the banking industry
BIDV's Banking Sector
BIDV Bank operates in a variety of fields such as financial investment, banking, insurance, and securities. For nearly 65 years of construction and development, BIDV has achieved many successes, the quality of products and services deserves to be the leading bank in Vietnam.
In the field of financial investment, BIDV has advocated contributing capital to investment projects, notably the leading role in coordinating key projects of the country such as the establishment of the BEDC Expressway Development Company, the BEDC Expressway Development Company. VALC Aviation Leasing Joint Stock Company, investing in the construction of Long Thanh International Airport..
BIDV is currently an experienced bank, providing modern, convenient and prestigious products and services in Vietnam, meeting the needs of customers such as:
- Card service: Issuing international debit cards, international credit cards, domestic debit cards.
- Borrowing capital Personal: Borrow to buy a house, borrow to buy a car, build and repair a house, mortgage loan bidvunsecured loans, study abroad loans, production and business loans, mortgage loans...
- Deposit services: Receiving payment deposits, term deposits, demand deposits, securities trading and specialized deposits, account packages.
- Foreign exchange and capital markets: Buying and selling foreign currencies, structured products, etc.
- Treasury: Service of preserving assets, exchanging unqualified currencies for circulation, exchanging gold bars packaging, collecting money in sealed bags, collecting / paying mobile cash...
- Digital Bank: BIDV onlineATM service, new technology.
- Payment and transfer: Support domestic money transfer, international money transfer, payment service, card payment service for individual HKD.
BIDV offers life and non-life insurance products designed with customers in mind. In there
- life insurance combined with MetLife (American safety insurance, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance, American safety insurance...)
- Non-life insurance combined with BIC (BIC Binh An, BIC Home care ...)
BIDV provides multi-service brokerage (in conjunction with BSC), investment, investment consulting and agent system development. Specifically, financial services, bond payment, securities trading (Web Trader, Home Trader, Mobile Trader, Bloomberg...), derivatives trading...
Products and Services of BIDV Bank
Some basic products and services that BIDV is serving customers are:
Bank card products
- BIDV international debit card.
- BIDV international credit card.
- Visa card BIDV.
- BIDV domestic debit card.
Customers can easily manage their personal accounts with just one device with Internet connection.
Provide loan service
- Borrow to buy a house at BIDV.
- Car loan.
- Borrow to build a house.
- Business loan.
- Consumer loans.
- Unsecured loans BIDV.
- Mortgage loan.
- Study abroad loan.
- Avoided have.
- Unlimited savings.
- Life insurance.
- Non-life insurance.
Is BIDV Bank Reputable?
BIDV has spent nearly 65 years building and developing, serving millions of customers using BIDV's services. As a state-owned commercial bank, BIDV is always in the top of the largest and most prestigious banks in Vietnam with the following achievements:
- Ranked 4th in terms of size in the total number of banks in Vietnam
- Ranked 2nd in terms of bank assets in Vietnam, just behind Agribank
- Top in terms of revenue
BIDV has been awarded many noble awards by the Party and State of Vietnam such as:
- Unit Hero of Labor in the renovation period.
- Awarded by the Party and State the Ho Chi Minh Medal, the Labor Medal of all grades,
- Medal of Independence…
- Top 10 sustainable development enterprises (2019).
In addition, the bank has also been awarded many noble medals by the Party, State of Lao PDR and Kingdom of Cambodia.
There are also many other awards such as:
- In 2019 - 2022, BIDV entered the Top 10 sustainable development enterprises, voted by the Vietnam Council for Sustainable Development, VCCI.
- Top 10 largest enterprises in Vietnam for 6 consecutive years (2017 - 2022) voted by Vietnam Report, VietNamNet.
- Top 4 Banks with the largest brand value in Vietnam in 2022, Top 300 banks with the largest brand value in the world voted by Brand Finance.
6 consecutive years (2015 – 2022) as the best Retail Bank in Vietnam. Get The Asian
- Banker voted as the Bank with the best card acceptance and cash flow management services in Vietnam in 2019.
BIDV Bank Working Schedule
BIDV's working time is from Monday to Friday every week with BIDV working hours As follows:
- Morning: From 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Afternoon: From 13h00 to 16h00 - 16h30 - 17h00.
BIDV Bank Contact Information
You can contact BIDV through the following channels:
- BIDV Call Center: 19009247 – (+84-24) 22200588
- Fax: (+84-24) 22200399
- Email: [email protected]
- Head office address: 35 Hang Voi Street, Ly Thai To Ward, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi City
- Send information to request service advice, suggestions and complaints about BIDV HERE
Instructions for Looking Up Branches, Transaction Offices, ATMs of BIDV Bank
Customers can search for BIDV's transaction points/branches or ATMs by the following ways:
Step 1: Access the website to look up ATMs, BIDV transaction points.
Step 2: Section Search by area you proceed to choose Province/City and District.
Step 3: Then in the lower right corner, you choose Filter search results to be ATM or Transaction.
Step 4: View the displayed search results. You will see the address of the branch, ATM in the area you are looking for along with the address, transaction hours and phone number so that it can be easily contacted when needed.
Which Banks Does BIDV Link With?
The following is a list of banks that BIDV is associated with:
- Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank)
- Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank)
- Southeast Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SeABank)
- Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ACB)
- Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank)
- Saigon Industrial and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SaigonBank)
- An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ABBank)
- Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MBBank)
- Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank (VietBank)
- Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank)
- National Bank (NCB)
- Vietnam Prosperity Joint Stock Commercial Bank (VPBank)
- Mekong Delta Housing Development Bank (MHB)
- Kien Long Commercial Joint Stock Bank (KienLong Bank)
- Ho Chi Minh City Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank (HDBank)
- Global Petroleum Commercial Joint Stock Bank (GPBank)
- Nam A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (NamABank)
- Vietnam Maritime Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MSBBank)
- Vietnam International Commercial Joint Stock Bank (VIB)
- Saigon Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SCBBank)
- Viet Capital Commercial Joint Stock Bank (VietCapitalBank)
- Vietnam Export-Import Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Eximbank)
- Vietnam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade (VietinBank)
- Vietnam Public Commercial Joint Stock Bank (PVcomBank)
- Bac A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (BacABank)
- LienVietPostBank (LienVietPostBank)
- Vietnam Russia Joint Venture Bank (VRB)
- Dai A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (DaiABank)
- Bao Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank (BaoVietBank)
- Ocean Commercial Joint Stock Bank (OceanBank)
- Saigon - Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SAHABANK)
- Tien Phong Commercial Joint Stock Bank (TPBank)
- Shinhanvina Joint Venture Bank (SVB)
- Mekong Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MDB)
Some questions about BIDV bank
BIDV stands for which bank?
BIDV stands for Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam.
Which e-wallets does BIDV bank link with?
BIDV bank linked with Momo and Airpay e-wallets.
What is BIDV bank code?
Swift code BIDV including 8 characters: BIDVVNVX.
In there :
- The first 4 characters (BIDV) to know the name of the bank: Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam.
- The next 2 characters (VN) are used to make this the country identification code (VN is Vietnam).
- The next 2 characters (VX) are used to identify the location and area code.
From the information gathered in the article, we have somewhat understood about the bank What is BIDV?? Diversified products and services and service quality of BIDV is always at the forefront of banks today, being one of the four largest banks in Vietnam.
Information edited by: Lamchutaichinh.vn