If your computer is booted to a blue screen with the message "The Boot Configuration Data File is missing some required information" means Windows is losing boot file in BCD. This error usually occurs on a Windows 10 installation computer under the Legacy boot system where you install Windows 10 on the C drive and do not detach the hidden boot partition. System Reserved means that the boot sector is included with the C drive. For a cause like accidental deletion, virus, anti-virus program delete ...
Here are instructions on how to fix "The Boot Configuration Data File is missing some required information" for Windows 10 computers when the boot is lost. You have to have a DVD or usb install Windows 10, the steps to fix the error as follows:
1. Insert the DVD or plug the usb into the computer press the power button and the boot select button depending on the machine that has different buttons like F8, F9, F12 ... when boot screen select boot from DVD or USB
2. After entering the Windows 10 installation menu, click Next to continue
3. Click Repair your computer at the next screen
4. Click Troubleshoot.
5. Click Advanced Options
6. This step you choose Command Prompt
7. Type the following commands in cmd after each command
Bootrec /fixmbr Bootrec /fixboot Bootrec /scanos Bootrec /rebuildbcd A